The mission of Easter Seals Fort Bend Veterans Case Management Program is to assist veterans and their families build the lives they want after they finish their military service. Our case managers want to help veterans and their families meet the needs they have to foster stability, wellness, and growth.
- This program is open to all veterans and their families living in Fort Bend County.
- Veterans will not be required to show 2 forms of ID, good conduct discharge, DD 214, homelessness, or substance use to be eligible.
- To better accommodate work schedules, case management services will also be offered via phone and require limited paperwork to get started.
- Our goal is not to duplicate services offered in the community, but rather be an easy point of entry for veterans and their families who have been reticent to or had difficulty connecting to the VA or finding the resources they need.
Meet our Program Coordinator, Dr. Cristy Gamez-Galka:
Dr. Gamez-Galka is a licensed psychologist who has worked with Veterans for over 10 years in inpatient and outpatient settings, in groups and individually, assisting them to create the lives they want to live by using their strengths to reach their goals.
Contact Dr. Gamez-Galka, Program Coordinator, Easter Seals
FB Veterans Case Management Program
713.838.9050, ext. 371
Fort Bend Veterans Companion Dog Program
Serving veterans and their families living in Fort Bend County
We are currently offering a veteran with a disability who is a resident of Fort Bend County the opportunity to be trained with and receive a companion dog. A companion dog can improve a veteran’s quality of life and help him or her live more independently.
To be eligible the veteran must:
- Be able to participate in training. They must have transportation and the ability to be work with the trainer.
- Be financially capable of maintaining care after the training is over, i.e., feed the dog and take the dog to veterinarian visits.
*We would like to identify a veteran by the end of summer. Please contact Elise Hough at Easter Seals as soon as possible if you have a good candidate.
Contact Elise Hough
FB Veterans Companion Dog Program
713-838-9050 ext. 306
Thank you to our generous sponsor:
Texas Veterans + Family Alliance
Mental health services for veterans and their families
Easter Seals Greater Houston and its collaborative partners have been chosen as recipients of the Texas Veterans + Family Alliance grant program from Texas Health and Human Services Commission with the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute serving as the program administrator. Houston, which has the 2nd highest population of veterans in the U.S., will have some critically needed funding for mental health services to reach veterans as well as their families. Learn more.
Bank ON Montgomery County
Bank On Montgomery County is a new initiative supported by Montgomery County United Way and community partners to connect people with banking services and financial education with ESGH in the lead. With the generous support of banks and non-profit partners, BANK ON Montgomery County (BOMC) help individuals reach financial goals through low-cost checking accounts, small dollar loans, secured credit cards, affordable mortgage loans and personalized financial counseling.