The Caroline School
The Caroline School provides unique educational services to meet the physical, social and cognitive needs of individuals ages 0-21 with multiple disabilities, including those who have additional medical needs.
At the Caroline School, abilities, rather than disabilities, dictate the pace and path that each student follows. With an average class size of eight learners and a staff to student ratio of 1:4, teachers are able to meet every student at their level.
- • Students are given the physical support necessary to engage in brain and body integration.
• Students build meaningful intrapersonal (emotions, myself, and I) and interpersonal (peers and adults) relationships.
• Students focus on the cognitive skills that are most pertinent to them.
By investing the time and attention for every student to feel safe, secure, and cared for no matter their challenges, we are able to promote an environment conducive to happy and healthy lifelong learners.
• High quality therapeutic services (physical, occupational and speech therapy) conveniently available at the same location as the Caroline School in collaboration with Easter Seals’ Children’s Therapy Program
• Ongoing enrollment
• An admissions process that works with your schedule
• 8 week Summer program offered in addition to the school year
• Weekly Enrichment (Music Therapy, Music and Mime non-verbal story-telling through TUTS, Houston Ballet)
• Sliding scale tuition depending on your needs ($900-$2,500/monthly)
• Application available via email or mail
• Access and support navigating other Easter Seals programs provided for free (BridgingApps, Transition Services, Toy Tech & Play Therapy, Camps & Case Management)
To get an application or schedule a tour, please contact Tabitha Hernandez.
The Caroline School was born in 2002 out of a mother’s desperate need for a high quality education for children with significant disabilities. Elizabeth DeLuca, joyful and charasmatic mother of 4 , had been searching for years to find a school that addressed the complex needs of her youngest daughter, Caroline. Caroline was an incredibly sweet and socially curious child who was medically fragile and also had multiple disabilities… eventually requiring her to use a wheelchair.
After experiences with ABA, a multitude of therapies, and home schooling, Elizabeth knew what she and Caroline needed. They needed a school that saw the strengths of Caroline, not only her challenges. A school that would show her love, inspire her to reach for more, and pay attention to the whole child that Caroline was. When her search ran dry, she decided to create the Caroline School. A unique school designed for smaller more individualized learning that would reach every student’s physical, social and cognitive needs, no matter the level of ability.
*This program is made possible by: The DeLuca Family, Duncan Family Fund, Kayser Foundation, Vivian L. Smith Foundation, The Williams Family and Barbara Zimmerman. Special thanks for your generous support!